This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email [email protected] or write to: FAO Helena Rudd, Bob Rudd, Hawthorn House, Brunswick Ind Estate, Brunswick Village, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE13 7BA.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on the website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- website usage data
- other information relevant to client enquiries
- other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking at from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- for our own internal records
- to improve the products and services we provide
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- to customise the website for you
- to send you promotional email about products, services, offers and other
- things we think might be relevant to you
- to send you promotional mailings or call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- to contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- analyse our web traffic using an analytics package
- identify whether you are signed in to our website
- test content on our website
- store information about your preferences
- to recognise when you return to our website
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
- opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third party partners by email, telephone, text message or post
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- send an email to [email protected]
- write to us at: FAO Helena Rudd, Bob Rudd, Hawthorn House, Brunswick Ind Estate, Brunswick Village, Newcastle, NE13 7BA
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under the data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the theruddgroup.co.uk, bobrudd.co.uk, innstay.co.uk, clear-cool.co.uk domains. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites.